You may have heard, 'eat the rainbow'. As Better Health explains, the chemicals that give fruits and vegetables their different colours have some pretty special qualities and unique health benefits to. So ‘eating a rainbow’ each day means more than just getting enough fruit and veg – it’s about eating a wide variety of foods so your body gets all the essential nutrients it needs. When cooking this recipe, we used purple sweet potato for more variation in our little one's diet. You could also use orange sweet potato too depending on the different veggies you are trying to introduce.
Looking for other veggie puree ideas for your little one? Try our Kale and Pea Puree that packs a green punch, our Pumpkin soup for some more orange veggies or our Chicken and Corn Puree for yellow goodness.
Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 6+ month olds
- Preparation time: 4 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 cup cauliflower, 1 cup sweet potato
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and then halved or larger ones, quarter.
- Place all ingredients into the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 3.
- Start the cooking process.
- Once cooked, tip the veggies into the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid and blend to bring to the desired consistency.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
Looking to introduce more foods? Try stirring this puree through some well-cooked rice or quinoa.