Kale is among the most nutrient-rich foods, meaning it is a true 'super food' for your baby. Peas are high in fibre and anti-oxidants and together with kale, will leave your baby feeling satisfied while ensuring they are filling up on the good stuff!
While you may begin your little one on purées, the introduction of finger foods becomes increasingly important as your baby develops. Recipes such as this one work well stirred through pasta as a finger food or if you are doing the Baby Led Weaning approach.
Kale and Pea Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month olds
- Preparation time: 2 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 cup chopped kale, 1 cup peas
- Remove the stem of the kale and roughly chop.
- Put the peas and kale in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 3.
- Start the cooking process.
- Once cooked, tip the veggies into the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid and blend to bring to the desired consistency.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
Introducing finger foods? Stir this through some well cooked pasta for a delicious and healthy dinner option for your little one.