Has your little one tried our delicious Pumpkin and Spinach muffins? Do they like our Beetroot dip? This is the best of both of these combined - with the added benefit of being a little less messy than the Beetroot Dip! If you have trouble getting your little one to eat a variety of veggies, steaming and pureeing them, and then cooking them into their preferred foods is a good solution to ensure they are still getting all those important vitamins and minerals. As these are full of protein from the eggs (half an egg in each muffin), they are a convenient mini-meal that your kids will enjoy eating and is easy to take for a snack or even for school lunch boxes.
And if you have't tried the pumpkin and spinach muffins, I strongly recommend you give them a go after these! They are popular amongst kids of all ages - from babies through to tweens and even a few adults too.
Feta and Beetroot Muffin Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Makes: 12 small muffins
- Ingredients: 150g cooked beetroot (tinned or vacuum sealed pre-cooked works well), 6 eggs, 75g feta cheese, 1/4 cup of natural yoghurt, 1 cup wholemeal or white self raising flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Roughly chop the beetroot (if whole).
- Place beetroot and yoghurt into the Babycook mixing bowl and mix in 10 second pulses until a smooth paste has been formed.
- In a bowl, combine beetroot and yoghurt paste with flour and eggs.
- Gently stir through the feta cheese.
- Pour into two multiportions trays (or regular muffin tray sprayed with coconut oil.)
- Cook in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Et voila, bon appétit!
These freeze and defrost well, so store what you don't eat in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to eat.