With no baking required, these are the quickest cookies you will make and a great go-to if you've just realised you have nothing in the cupboard and you have visitors arriving for a cuppa! With no added sugar, you won't have to wrestle them out of your toddlers hands and can relax knowing they are suitable for the whole family. If you prefer a sweeter cookie, swap out the date water for maple syrup or rice malt syrup. Also, if you are making these for someone who is gluten-free, ensure you use gluten-free oats.
Easy No-Bake Sugar-Free Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: -
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup of flaked almonds (or almond meal), 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, 8-10 pitted dates, 50ml Coconut oil
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow them to soften. (Do not discard this water later - you will use it!)
- Place all ingredients into the Babycook mixing bowl and pulse until they are chopped.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the date water to the Babycook mixing bowl and pulse until it forms in clumps.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then press into flat cookie shapes.
- Place in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to set.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If you prefer a sweeter style cookie, replace the date water with 3-4 tablespoons of maple syrup/rice malt syrup. For a choc-mint twist, add a few drops of food grade Peppermint Oil with the coconut oil.