Mumma's energy needs certainly increase when breastfeeding, and yet you never seem to have time to make healthy, filling snacks. Oats are known as the number one food for increasing your milk supply, which is why these healthy bliss balls have oats as a key ingredient. They are also filled with healthy fats and protein from the cashews which will leave you feeling fuller, longer and packed with energy from the dates. Even if you're not breastfeeding, these are delicious for kids as well as a healthy alternative for adults when craving a sweet snack and are literally made in 10 minutes as you're running out the door!
Milk Boosting Bliss Balls Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: -
- Ingredients: 1 cup cashew nuts, 1/2 cup of pitted dates, 1/3 cup rolled oats, 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow them to soften.
- Place the cashew nuts into the Babycook mixing bowl and pulse until they are crushed into a grainy powder.
- Add oats and cacao to the nuts and mix until combined.
- Pour this dry mixture into a seperate mixing bowl and then place the dates into the Babycook mixing bowl, retaining some of the sweetened water to add later.
- Mix in 10 second increments until the dates are mashed up.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir together, using 2-3 tablespoons of the date water until desired consistency is reached.
- Form the mixture into small balls and roll in coconut until coated. Place in fridge until hardened.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Add a few drops of food grade Peppermint Oil for a Choc-mint twist or try adding a tablespoon of flaxseed for added lactation-boosting benefits.