The perfect Baby Led Weaning (BLW) meal, or great for toddlers, these yummy finger foods are made with hidden veggies and plenty of protein and carbohydrates to help keep your little one feeling full for longer. Other great finger food recipes with the Babycook include our Beef Croquettes or our Pork Meaty Bites.
Chicken Fingers Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooling time: 35 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 75g chicken, 1 medium potato, 80g of broccoli, 50g breadcrumbs, 1 egg, 25g parmesan cheese, a few chives, oil for frying.
- Peel the potato and chop into 1cm cubes.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and then each floret in half or thirds.
- Chop the chicken into small 1cm cubes.
- Place raw chicken, potato and broccoli into the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, place into the blending bowl and discard the cooking liquid. Mix into a chunky mash.
- Allow mixture to cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Add the finely chopped chives, half of the egg and half of the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese mix into the bowl with the cooled mixture and combine using a spoon.
- Form mixture into 8-10 fingers.
- Roll each finger first in the egg and then in the breadcrumb and parmesan mix.
- Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, cook the chicken fingers by shallow frying in a pan on the stove.
Et voila, bon appétit!
As this makes enough for several meals, you may freeze once rolled. When ready to eat, defrost and cook according to final step of instructions. You may wish to oven bake instead of pan frying for a healthy alternative.