These Thai Pork Meaty Bites are perfect for babies and infants who are learning to self feed. Self-feeding not only encourages your baby to appreciate a food’s colour, texture and smell, but also helps him develop better hand control which is essential as they develop into toddlers. These can be made into larger meatballs or smaller bites depending on the age of your child. The smells and flavour of these are so delicious that your little one will be lucky if there are any left for them to enjoy! These also make a great entertaining food so make and refrigerate ahead of time for any upcoming parties. Then simply lightly pan fry when ready to serve.
Thai Pork Meaty Bites Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g pork fillet, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, 1 spring onion, 1 egg, 1 clove of garlic
- Roughly chop the pork fillet and spring onion.
- Grate lemon rind, garlic and ginger.
- Combine all ingredients into the Babycook mixing bowl. Blend until finely chopped.
- Roll into 12 small meatballs of approx. 1 tablespoon in size.
- If time permits, cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan, adding a small amount of oil. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes until cooked all the way through.
Et voila, bon appétit!
For toddlers to adults, serve with sweet chilli sauce and a light salad.