This breakfast smoothie contains strawberries, banana, yoghurt, milk and oats to make a filling and healthy breakfast alternative for your little one. Perfect for busy mornings before work or childcare, this smoothie only takes a couple of minutes to make in the Babycook and if you serve in the BabySqueez, it can even be consumed on the go! For other breakfast ideas, try our Avocado and Pea Smash or our Breakfast muffins which can be made in bulk and frozen for when you need a quick brekky on the go. Alternatively search all of our breakfast recipes here.
Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month olds
- Preparation time: 3 min
- Cooking time: -
- Ingredients: 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen), 1/2 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen), 1/2 cup baby's usual milk, 1/2 cup of natural yoghurt and 1/4 cup of oats.
- Peel the banana and roughly chop it and the strawberries into pieces.
- Place all ingredients into the mixing bowl of the Babycook. Blend in 10 second increments until a smooth and light texture has been reached.
- Pour into a Babysqueez' pouch and drink immediately.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Frozen bananas and strawberries work well in smoothies and help to create a nice and creamy texture.