When introducing new foods, it is important to make sure your baby is eating some foods that are high in iron. Iron rich foods are needed for babies, as at around 6 months of age, breast milk iron stores naturally decrease. This beef and veggies recipe is packed with iron from the beef and peas, as well as lots of other vitamins and minerals from the veggies.
While you may begin your little one on purées, the introduction of finger foods will become more important as your baby grows, particularly between the ages from 8-12 months old. Recipes such as this one work well stirred through rice or pasta as a finger food.
Beef and Veggie Purée Recipe
- Suitable from: 6+ month olds
- Preparation time: 4 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 100g minced beef, 1 potato, 1 carrot and 1/2 cup peas
- Peel and chop the potato and carrot into 1cm cubes.
- Place all ingredients including the beef into the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 3.
- Start the cooking process.
- Once cooked, tip the beef and veggies into the blending bowl, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Add small amounts of the cooking liquid and blend to bring to the desired consistency.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
Introducing finger foods? Stir this through some rice or pasta for a delicious and healthy dinner option for your little one.