When you first introduce solid food to your baby, they often take on different textures depending on your parental preference and your child's development. Foods are often prepared for baby either pureed, mashed, chunky or in pieces. Many families begin with purees and then progress to more chunky foods within the first year to encourage chewing and self feeding. Other families follow Baby Led Weaning and introduce chunky foods for self feeding from the start. Whichever way you have decided to begin feeding your little one, the Babycook can flexibly create food in a range of textures. This can be particularly helpful if you have several children of different ages. They can all eat the same thing, however you can simply puree/mash your littlest ones food. This recipe is a great example of how you can prepare the same meal with different textures depending on your family's needs.
Zucchini and Pumpkin Stew Recipe
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: ½ cup broad beans, 1 cup pumpkin, ½ zucchini, 3 button mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic
- Cut the pumpkin into half centimetre cubes.
- Cut the zucchini and mushrooms
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Place all ingredients in the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl with the cooking liquid. Blend adding small amounts of the cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If broad beans are not available, interchange for ½ cup of peas. If serving to children older than one or adults, add a pinch of salt for extra flavour with a side of couscous.