These are delicious served warm or cold and make a great lunch box snack! Containing veggies, fish and important carbs and protein, your little one will feel satisfied after eating a couple of these. The left overs can also be frozen, and can even placed in your little ones lunch box frozen in the morning and they will be thawed by lunchtime. Just make sure you place a piece of greaseproof paper between each one prior to freezing so they can be easily separated.
Tuna Patties Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes in the pan
- Makes: approx. 8 tuna patties
- Ingredients: 185g tuna, 1 large potato, 1 small carrot, 1/2 cup of peas, splash of milk, 1 egg, 1/2 cub breadcrumbs
- Peel and chop carrots and potato into 1cm cubes.
- Put carrots, potato and peas into the Babycook steamer basket.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press the steam button.
- When it has finished cooking, remove the steamer basket and discard the cooking liquid.
- Combine all cooked vegetables in the Babycook mixing bowl. Blend until a puree consistency has been reached, adding a splash of milk and an egg.
- Drain the tin of tuna and stir into the mash mixture with the breadcrumbs using the Babycook spatula.
- Shape mixture into firm patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat with some spray oil.
- Cook for a few minutes each side until they appear golden.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If the patties are a little too gooey, add some extra breadcrumbs or more milk if they are a little dry.