Whether your little one is a fan of the Disney movie, Ratatouille or not, they will love acting like Remy from the movie and helping Mum or Dad prepare their own ratatouille meal. A traditional French dish with just a few ingredients, that is usually baked in the oven, is whipped up in the Babycook in a just a few minutes. While the adult does all the chopping, your little one may like scooping up the veggies and helping to put them into the steamer basket for cooking.
- Suitable from: 4+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Ingredients: 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 small eggplant, 1/2 capsicum, 10 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the zucchini, eggplant and capsicum into approximately 1cm cubes.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Place all ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all the ingredients in the blending bowl and reserve the cooking liquid. Mix to desired consistency, adding the cooking liquid or a little olive oil if required.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Serve with couscous for a delicious meal full of veggies that your little one is sure to love. Keep it 'chunky' for toddlers or older children, or babies if you are doing baby led weaning.