This twist on a traditional combination will be a favourite of your little one! The sweet Granny Smith Apple pairs beautifully with the pork fillet that is high in protein, and the nutrient and fibre of sweet potatoes. The whole meal comes together in less than half an hour, creating a quick and easy go-to dinner that’s family friendly.
Pork and Applesauce Puree
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g pork fillet, 1 Granny Smith apple (or variety of your own choosing), 100g sweet potato
- Peel the sweet potato and apple and chop into 1cm cubes.
- Chop pork into 1cm cubes.
- Place the pork, apple and sweet potato in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Blend adding the reserved liquid to reach desired consistency.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Go ahead and swap out the Granny Smith apples for a pear. Just make sure you choose a firm one as they get sweeter as they soften and it will end up very sweet!