We love creating healthier, homemade versions of processed, high-sugar foods. While jelly is a favourite of many little ones (and their parents too!), it is full of sugar, preservatives and additives. Making your own is not only cheaper, it will ensure you know exactly what’s in every mouthful your little one eats. Combined with whole raspberries, your little one will absolutely love their protein-rich dessert, especially on a hot day. We’ll be eating this as part of the festivities on New Years Eve!
Homemade Raspberry Jelly Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 4-6 hours
Ingredients: 700g fresh raspberries, 300ml apple juice, 5 teaspoons gelatine powder, optional: 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Place 200g of raspberries and the apple juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Optional: Add the icing sugar to the raspberry mixture and stir to combine.
- Boil 300ml of water and place in heatproof bowl. Place the gelatine on top of the water and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- Slowly combine the raspberry and apple mixture into the gelatin water and stir to dissolve lumps.
- Tip the remainder of the raspberries into a glass bowl or divide into 8 individual servings and top with the raspberry jelly mixture.
- Place in the fridge and allow 4-6 hours for it to set.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Use fresh raspberries rather than frozen berries to ensure the jelly sets.