This Chicken, Leek and Potato Babycook purée is delicious, nutritious and full of flavour. It is delicious on its own for younger infants, and also can be used as a sauce with pasta or rice. And for the rest of the family, it can even be cooked inside pastry for a hearty and warm pie.
Chicken is packed with protein and ensures baby stays feeling fuller for longer. Leeks not only have a lovely subtle flavour, The Better Health Channel explains that they are a good source of vitamins A, C and K, and contain lots of dietary fibre. And best of all, they are just beginning to come into season at places around Australia so you will find them at a great price at the supermarket! Rosemary is a great add-on to this dish due to its flavour and immune boosting powers. Traditionally, Rosemary was used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory system, and promote hair growth. Why wouldn't you feed it to your baby?
Chicken, Leek and Potato Recipe
- Suitable from: 6 + month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 200g chicken, 2 baby potatoes, 1/2 leek, 1 stalk of fresh rosemary
- Cut the chicken into 1cm cubes.
- Rinse the vegetables in water. Chop the potatoes into 1cm cubes and slice the leek.
- Place vegetables, chicken and rosemary in steamer basket.
- Fill Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked, put all the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Mix, adding part of the cooking juice to obtain the consistency you want.
Et voila, bon appétit!
This purée can also be used as a delicious and filling sauce. Serve with rice, pasta or with some pastry for a yummy seasonal pie!