A Babycook steamed casserole that will please the whole family. In this dish, the vitamins and minerals within the dish is preserved by the steaming process of the Babycook. Up to 50 percent of the vitamins and 15 percent of the minerals in your vegetables may be lost during other methods of cooking, according to ConsumerReports.org
This dish is easy to prepare and is an affordable family meal. A great dish, packed with veggies and perfect for the cooler weather. You can easily swap out the veggies for others that you have introduced to your baby. Serve with rice or potato mash.
Chicken Casserole recipe
- Suitable from: 7+ months old
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes (20 minutes in Babycook)
- Ingredients: 80g chicken breast, 50g sweet potato, 30g beans, 1/2 carrot , 1 stalk of celery, ½ onion, 1 clove garlic, ½ tin of chopped tomatoes, handful of parsley, sunflower oil
- Gently rinse the vegetables in water.
- Peel the sweet potato and carrot.
- Cut the sweet potato, carrot, celery and beans into 1cm pieces.
- Place the vegetables and parsley in the Babycook cooking basket, pour water in the water tank to level 3 and start steaming.
- Crush the garlic. Roughly chop the onion and cut the chicken into 1cm cubes.
- When the veggies are cooked, remove and set aside reserving the cooking liquid.
- Place the chicken, garlic, onion and tinned tomato in the Babycook cooking basket, pour water in the water tank to level 3 and start steaming.
- Empty the steaming basket and vegetables from earlier, and place into the blending bowl of the Babycook with the oil and use some of the water collected. Mix, adding parts of the cooking juice to obtain the consistency you want.
- Serve with potato mash or rice.
Et voila, bon appétit!
Chef’s tipThis meal can be enjoyed by the whole family by separating the dish and only blending desired amount and other members of the family can enjoy the dish without blending. Adults may wish to add salt to taste.