While traditional Asian stir fry recipes require frying vegetables and meat over high heat, this healthier alternative is not only easier for a busy parent to make but also ensures the vegetables and meat's nutrients are preserved by steaming. This dish doesn't need someone to stand at the stove top, continually stirring and can even be prepped ahead of time and simply tipped into the steamer basket just before meal time. If you don't have all of these ingredients on hand, you can easily substitute for other Asian greens or change out beef for a protein of your choice.
Baby Beef ‘Stir Fry’ Recipe
- Suitable from: 8+ month old
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Ingredients: 100g beef fillet, 1 handful of broccolini, 1 handful of green beans, ¼ red capsicum, ½ carrot, garlic, ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon soy sauce (optional see Chef's tip below), handful cooked noodles.
- Chop all of the vegetables into small pieces and the beef into 1cm cubes.
- Peel and grate the garlic and ginger.
- Place all raw ingredients in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Fill the Babycook with water to level 3 and press steam button.
- When cooked put all of the ingredients in the blending bowl while reserving the cooking liquid. Blend adding the reserved liquid to reach desired consistency (or leave chunky).
- Serve with noodles prepared as advised on packaging.
Et voila, bon appétit!
If following BLW, serving to toddlers, children or adults, there is no need to blend and you may wish to soak the beef in soy sauce prior to cooking for additional flavour.