Have you ever had fresh gnocchi? It is so easy to make, and once you've had the fresh, soft, homemade variety, you won't ever want the store-bought kind again! This recipe is served with a veggie and oil-based sauce.
Alternatively, serve them with our famous Beaba Bolognese Sauce or with some pasta and veggies.
Asparagus and Pea Gnocchi Recipe
- Suitable from: 12+ month olds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Ingredients: 1 cup chopped asparagus, 1 cup peas, pre-made gnocchi (or store bought), olive oil, parmesan
- Place pot of water on to boil for gnocchi.
- Break the ends off the asparagus and then roughly chop into pieces.
- Put the asparagus and peas in the steamer basket of the Babycook.
- Pour water into the tank to level 3.
- Start the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, once the pot of water is boiled, place gnocchi into the water and scoop out once it floats to the top. (This means it is cooked). Fresh gnocchi usually takes less time to cook than store-bought.
- Once the veggies have finished cooking in the Babycook, stir through the gnocchi with some olive oil and parmesan cheese. Puree in the mixing bowl if desired.
- Et voila, bon appétit!
If your little one is not ready to eat chunky veggies, puree them and serve with the soft gnocchi to eat as a finger food.